SIMPLE, SAFER WAYS TO ENJOY THE SHOW
Even though going to the movies will feel a little different, it’s still our goal to make SMG the best place to watch one. Behind the scenes, our team has been hard at work creating a cleaner, safer, and better SMG experience for everyone. SMG is #CinemaSafe.
ORDERING FOOD & BEVERAGES
You can now purchase menu items on the SMG App, self-service kiosks, or at your seat by pressing your Service Button.
Alcoholic beverages are available for purchase on the SMG App, self-service kiosks, at the bar, or at your seat by pressing your Service Button. *I.D. required; must be 21 years or older.
Seat-side delivery during the show...
We'll deliver your order directly to your seat. If you need anything, use the SMG App or press your Service Button.
DID YOU KNOW THE NUMBER OF COVID-19 OUTBREAKS TRACED TO CINEMAS IS ZERO?
An extensive study of more than 100 million worldwide visits to movie theaters concluded that no outbreaks of COVID-19 could be traced to a cinema where precautions and sanitation measures were taken. And that's why we'll continue to employ no-contact technologies and CDC recommended cleaning procedures that allow you to get out of the house and into SMG to enjoy movies on the big screen.
A PHASED APPROACH TO RE-OPENING
We look forward to reopening theaters in areas where permitted and where we can ensure our team members are properly trained with enhanced health and safety measures. Keep up with the latest developments at SMG, plus theater re-opening announcements, by visiting us on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
OCTOBER 18, 2020
SMG BAKERSFIELD (CA) temporarily re-closed
OCTOBER 17, 2020
SMG SIMI VALLEY (CA) temporarily re-closed
SEPTEMBER 8, 2020
SMG ROCKLIN (CA) temporarily re-closed
AUGUST 28, 2020
SMG CHISHOLM TRAIL (FT. WORTH, TX) temporarily re-closed
SMG NORTHWEST HIGHWAY (DALLAS, TX) permanently closed
SMG TAMPA (FL)
AUGUST 21, 2020
SMG HOLCOMB BRIDGE (ALPHARETTA, GA) permanently closed
SMG SPRING VALLEY (DALLAS, TX)
AUGUST 14, 2020
SMG DULUTH (GA)
SMG PLANO (TX)
SMG WHEATON (IL) re-opened
JUNE 26, 2020
SMG DALLAS ROYAL LN (TX)
SMG MARIETTA (GA)
SMG PEARLAND (HOUSTON, TX)
SMG SEMINOLE (FL)
SMG SUNSET WALK (ORLANDO, FL)
JUNE 19, 2020
SMG CITYCENTRE (HOUSTON, TX)
SMG THE COLONY (TX)
SMG TYLER (TX)
The easiest way to SMG
Download from your mobile device.
01 GET THE APP
Download the SMG App. Log in or create a free SMG Access® account. You can store your information, including your favorite theater, previous orders, and a credit card when you create an account.
02 BUY TICKETS & ORDER MENU ITEMS
Pick up your movie tickets at one of our self-service kiosks to have your menu items prepared, and we'll deliver it to your seat as soon as it’s ready.
03 ORDER ADDITIONAL ITEMS & PAY YOUR BILL Avoid any distractions by placing additional food and beverage orders and paying through the App.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Additional information and things to know can be found here.
Reopening & HOURS OF OPERATION
- We will begin reopening theaters in phases as noted above. We expect more locations to be announced and added weekly.
- We will limit overall capacity; this can vary by location and jurisdiction but expect 50% maximum capacity.
Hours of Operation:
- Hours and days of operation currently vary by store. Click here to find out when your SMG is open.
Cleaning, Sanitizing & Disinfecting Safety Procedures
Team Member Health and Safety:
- Every team member is required to have a health check prior to starting work, including disclosure they are not sick and haven’t been in close contact with anyone experiencing signs of sickness.
- While working, team members will wear a PPE mask.
- Team members will wear gloves per guidelines while handling food.
- Gloves will be replaced after physical contact, in addition to scheduled changes.
- Team members must follow frequent handwashing protocols, per CDC guidelines.
- As part of the return-to-work procedures and prior to any interactions with guests, all team members will receive training in contactless protocols, cleaning and disinfection, and proper hygiene. Team members will be trained in CDC recommended COVID-19 safety guidelines.
Highest Standards of Cleanliness:
- The entire theatre is cleaned throughout the day and all common areas are regularly disinfected.
- High-contact surfaces (door handles, counter tops, faucets, kiosks, railings, restrooms etc.) will be wiped down with a medical-grade sanitizing agent at a minimum of once every 30 minutes.
- Seats, armrests, cupholders and tray tables will be routinely disinfected between every screening.
- We will maintain nightly deep cleaning of all auditoriums, bathrooms and high-traffic areas. Doors will be propped open where possible to provide easy and touchless access.
Responsible and Safe Social Distancing:
- Our digital ticketing solutions will automatically block seats to ensure social distancing between parties.
- Seating arrangements will follow all social distancing protocols. Groups must be at least 6-feet apart. If you come with a family, you may sit together, but respect others and maintain a healthy social distance.
- We will limit overall capacity; this can vary by location and jurisdiction but expect 25-50% maximum capacity. Seating capacities and arrangements will follow all local, state, or federal guidelines.
- Six-foot physical distancing markers will be displayed throughout common areas. Most aspects of auditoriums at SMG are designed in a way that is already more spaced out than other movie theaters. The distance between rows exceeds six feet from recliner to recliner.
Guest Admittance Expectations:
- We suggest Guests wear face coverings until they are seated in their auditorium. Where required by state and county officials, face coverings for all Guests will be mandatory.
- Hand sanitizer stations are readily available throughout the theater for our guests and team members.
- We advise all guests to frequently and thoroughly wash their hands and refrain from touching their face.
- Disinfecting wipes will be served with food orders and upon request.
- We accept (Mastercard, Visa, Discover) and gift cards as forms of payment. American Express will not be accepted at this time.
- Guest will have the ability to swipe their own credit card and remove their ticket stubs from the printer.
- Cash, if the only option available, can be exchanged at the box office for a gift card.
Tickets, Free Passes & Theater Entrance
Where should I purchase my movie tickets?
- Guests are encouraged to purchase their tickets (and food & drinks) through our free SMG Theaters app, available for download through Apple App Store and Google Play or via the SMG website. This offers convenient, contactless ordering and payment options for our guests. We highly recommend confirming your location selection and address prior to submitting your ticketing order.
- You can also purchase on Fandango and Atom tickets. The Fandango infrastructure currently doesn’t not offer earning points with the SMG Loyalty program for ticket purchases. We also have kiosks in our theater lobby available for purchasing tickets (and food & drinks). Those needing special assistance may use the box office.
- SMG SUBSCRIPTION members can reserve their tickets directly through the unique subscription members-only app, SMG SUBSCRIPTION. SMG Subscription members will need to order food & drink through the standard SMG App, Kiosk or Server.
How much are movie tickets and what type of movie content will you be showing?
- As we reopen, we’ll offer a special discount ticket price of $5 for all tickets and all showings, plus $3 child and senior tickets, and free screenings of Just Mercy.
- We are also excited to offer our annual SMG $1 Summer Series of family movies – all tickets are $1 regardless of age, one movie title featured weekly.
- Initially, we’ll play previously released films and alternative content.
When will first-run (NEW RELEASE) movies start playing?
- We look forward to the expected first-run new release movies below starting in July and August.
How do I gain access to the theater and admittance to my auditorium?
- Upon arrival, please scan at the kiosk to pick up your advance order tickets or purchase tickets.
- When theaters begin seating, hosts will help guide guests to their seats while practicing social distancing.
I have a free movie pass that expired when theaters were closed. Can I use it?
- All passes with a 2020 expiration date will now be extended and valid through to December 17, 2020. Any studio restrictions still apply.
- Passes can be exchanged for tickets at the box office.
- Please check our website for pass restrictions.
Ordering Food & Drinks, In-Theater Experience
SMG’s updated in-theater dining menu includes house favorites like our famous Panko-Crusted Coconut Chicken Tenders, indulgent Chocolate Beignets and freshly popped Gourmet Popcorn, plus new offerings like our Chile Lime Chicken Salad, Smoked Beef Brisket and Sriracha Chicken Sliders. Our full-service bar now features celebrity-inspired cocktails featuring Ryan Reynolds Aviation American Gin, Matthew McConaughey’s Wild Turkey Longbranch Bourbon, and 50-Cent’s Branson Cognac.
How should I order my food, non-alcoholic & bar drinks?
You several have CHOICES! You are in control of the ordering experience:
- The SMG App: Guests can now order food, non-alcoholic drinks and most standard bar drinks through our free SMG Theaters app available for download through Apple App Store and Google Play. This offers convenient, contactless payment and ordering options for our guests to experience SMG how they feel most comfortable. The app also saves your favorite orders. When you scan to pick up your tickets as you enter the theater, it will automatically signal the kitchen to begin freshly preparing your order if you placed the order in advance via the App. Guests also have the option of placing their order via the App at any time after arriving to the theatre and scanning tickets, while on the way to be seated or from the auditorium. Orders and re-orders are immediately sent to the kitchen or bar.
- Self-Service Kiosks: We also have self-service kiosks in our theater lobbies that now offer both ticketing and food & beverage purchasing. This offers another convenient, contactless payment and ordering options for our guests to experience SMG how they feel most comfortable. As guests complete the menu order, multiple timed options will be available for the guest to select for when they want the order to start being prepared.
- Team Members/Servers in Auditorium: Team members are also available to take food & drink orders. Our team members will be wearing masks and remaining an appropriate distance from guests.
- App or Kiosk: Add your food and drink order any time after you’ve received your ticket confirmation. When you sign-in with your SMG Loyalty membership number, the app & kiosk prompt your ticket purchase movie, time, auditorium and seat location to easily add on your food & drink order when you are ready. (Note: The added convenience of automatically populating your ticket purchase is not available for purchases made through Atom or with subscription reservations). We recommend any special or complex substitution alcoholic beverage orders be placed directly at the bar. All guests ordering alcoholic beverages must be 21+ years old and show proper ID upon delivery. SMG team members share tips and we encourage guests to consider acknowledging their service by adding a gratuity. There is a tip/gratuity tab to make a selection.
- Team members have been trained in proper food-handling protocols in order to reduce person to person contact.
- We will continue to deliver food & drink orders directly to your seat location, table-side.
- Disposable single-use printed menus will be preset in-theater for those that choose not to order via the app or kiosk. We also have QR codes for direct links to the menus online.
- Non-alcoholic beverages will be served in single-use disposable cups with lids.
- We will continue to deliver food & drink orders directly to your seat location, table-side.
- We are implementing a moderately limited menu featuring guest favorites, plus some new offerings, to ensure that we are able to maintain the safest possible food-handling environment.
- We are reopening with testing SMG app orders via your phone during the movie, however this requires diligent silencing of your phone, dimming your light and discreetly placing a reorder or add-on so as not to disrupt the experience of other guests.
- We have reduced the capacity of our bar and lounge area to allow for at least six feet of space between all parties.
- Our full liquor, beer and wine menu is currently available.
SMG Access Loyalty & Subscription Members
- Perks for Eats and Drinks: Members will now earn points on food and beverages, in addition to ticket purchases and all prior benefits of waived online ticketing fees (Director level), sign-up bonus, b-day and anniversary gifts, free screenings and special offers.
- Benefit Extension: All Director memberships expiring March-August, will be extended through September 2020. All Subscription members can use their benefits for FREE through August 31, 2020 and monthly billing will not restart until September.
Curbside Takeout & Delivery
As an added convenience to serve your many occasions and various comfort levels, SMG is now offering Curbside Takeout and Delivery service options.
- SMG now offers Curbside Takeout via the SMG App.
- Guest may also call the theater direct to place a menu order for off-site consumption.
- Orders must be picked up at the SMG lobby bar.
- Curbside Takeout is available 30 minutes before the first showtime and will close 30 minutes after the last movie start time.
- SMG now offers Delivery via Grub Hub, within a 3 mile radius.
- Delivery is available 30 minutes before the first showtime and will close 30 minutes after the last movie start time.
- Given the 3rd party involvement, we are currently unable to provide SMG Loyalty earn on purchases through Grub Hub.